Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.
Bug 86583 - Map entry missing
Summary: Map entry missing
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED DUPLICATE of bug 58304
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: autofs
Version: 8.0
Hardware: i686
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Nalin Dahyabhai
QA Contact: Brock Organ
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2003-03-25 22:17 UTC by Boris Vinarsky
Modified: 2007-04-18 16:52 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2006-02-21 18:52:18 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Boris Vinarsky 2003-03-25 22:17:53 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20021003

Description of problem:
The autofs script removes the map entry if the mount point is a part of another
entry mount point. For instance, from two entries:
/proj        auto.proj
/export/proj auto.export.proj
only /export/proj will be mounted. For the entry /proj automount will not be started

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Set in /etc/nsswitch.conf
automount:  files
2.Create /etc/auto.master file with two entries
/proj        auto.proj
/export/proj auto.export.proj
3.Execute 
service autofs status
    

Actual Results:  Configured Mount Points:
------------------------
/usr/sbin/automount /export/proj yp auto.export.proj

Active Mount Points:
--------------------


Expected Results: 
Configured Mount Points:
------------------------
/usr/sbin/automount /export/proj yp auto.export.proj
/usr/sbin/automount /proj yp auto.proj

Active Mount Points:


Additional info:

The reason for this bug is false positive identification of the duplicate entry
in the autofs script. 

As a workaround I removed the test for the duplicates in the function getmounts.
I replaced:
            if [ ! -z "$dir" -a ! -z "$map" \
                        -a x`echo "$map" | cut -c1` != 'x-' \
                        -a "`echo "$knownmaps" | grep $dir/`" = "" ]
with
            if [ ! -z "$dir" -a ! -z "$map" \
                        -a x`echo "$map" | cut -c1` != 'x-' ]

Again, it is a workaround, not a permanent fix. The test is needed, but should
be done differently, without loss of entries.

Comment 1 Jeff Moyer 2004-03-22 15:42:14 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 58304 ***

Comment 2 Red Hat Bugzilla 2006-02-21 18:52:18 UTC
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.