Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.
Bug 84385 - segfault on upgrade
Summary: segfault on upgrade
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Raw Hide
Classification: Retired
Component: rpm
Version: 1.0
Hardware: All
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jeff Johnson
QA Contact: Mike McLean
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2003-02-15 11:21 UTC by Daniel Resare
Modified: 2007-04-18 16:51 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2003-02-25 00:07:20 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Daniel Resare 2003-02-15 11:21:45 UTC
Description of problem:

When trying to track down the lockup problems in #81645 i ran into some
semi-reproducible segfaults from rpm.

The operations i try is to upgrade packages on a phoebe2 system to latest
rawhide. For example when i try 'rpm -Uvh libxml*' it segfaults
repoducibly now. If i try 'rpm -Uvh libxml2*' i get hit by #81645 instead.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
rpm-4.2-0.66
glibc-2.3.1-45
kernel-2.4.20-2.48

How reproducible:
sometimes, when it segfaults once it often does that the next time you try also,

Additional info:
I managed to get a stacktrace of the segfault.

#0  0x42074e22 in _int_malloc () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#1  0x42074112 in malloc () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#2  0x400a28b1 in headerNEVRA () from /usr/lib/librpmdb-4.2.so
#3  0x400ac54c in rpmdbNextIterator () from /usr/lib/librpmdb-4.2.so
#4  0x40070bad in rpmtsRun () from /usr/lib/librpm-4.2.so
#5  0x400607a2 in rpmInstall () from /usr/lib/librpm-4.2.so
#6  0x0804b459 in strcpy ()
#7  0x420154a0 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6

Comment 1 Jeff Johnson 2003-02-20 16:27:24 UTC
I can't "semi-reproduce" this bug, the command
    rpm -Uvh libxml*
upgrades fine for me.

If you want me to look further, then I need the output
of the "rpm -Uvv ..." command that segfaults, and "rpm -qa" to
figger what you have installed.

Comment 2 Daniel Resare 2003-02-22 22:44:45 UTC
I can't reproduce myself since i did 'rpm --rebuilddb'. Perhaps someone else has
an rpm db in this state that can help with the debugging.

Comment 3 Jeff Johnson 2003-02-25 00:07:20 UTC
I cannot reproduce this problem.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.