Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.
Bug 79492 - shell errors from configure script
Summary: shell errors from configure script
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Raw Hide
Classification: Retired
Component: autoconf
Version: 1.0
Hardware: i386
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jens Petersen
QA Contact: Brian Brock
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2002-12-12 12:10 UTC by Tim Waugh
Modified: 2007-04-18 16:49 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2002-12-16 13:37:03 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Tim Waugh 2002-12-12 12:10:38 UTC
Description of Problem:
A configure.in script, which worked fine in 2.53, is now giving shell errors
when run against autoconf-2.57.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
autoconf-2.57-1

How Reproducible:
100%

Steps to Reproduce:
1. wget http:://cyberelk.net/tim/data/patchutils/stable/patchutils-0.2.17.tar.bz2
2. tar jxf patchutils-0.2.17-tar.bz2
3. cd patchutils-0.2.17
4. autoconf
5. ./configure

Actual Results:
[...]
config.status: executing depfiles commands
./configure: eval: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
./configure: eval: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
./configure: eval: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
./configure: eval: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file


Expected Results:
No error messages.

Comment 1 Jens Petersen 2002-12-16 09:00:17 UTC
Works fine with autoconf-2.56 too.  Looks like a potential
new autoconf-2.57 bug.  I'll ask about it upstream.

If there isn't a simple fix, I'll probably revert to 2.56 for
now.

Comment 2 Tim Waugh 2002-12-16 13:37:03 UTC
Oh, wait, I just found this in configure.in:

AC_SUBST(AC_LIBOBJ)

That can't be right.  I took it out and now it works.  Sorry.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.