Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.
Bug 454096 - yum clean works not as expected in case of moved repository
Summary: yum clean works not as expected in case of moved repository
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
Classification: Red Hat
Component: yum
Version: 5.2
Hardware: All
OS: Linux
low
low
Target Milestone: rc
: ---
Assignee: James Antill
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2008-07-04 15:46 UTC by Berthold Cogel
Modified: 2009-03-25 05:43 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2009-03-25 05:43:50 UTC
Target Upstream Version:


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Berthold Cogel 2008-07-04 15:46:26 UTC
Description of problem:
For internal use (some scripts and helpers..) I've created a local repository
for RHEL5 noarch,i386 and x86_64. 

Path: .../yum/i386/ (noarch and x86_64 likewise)
URL: http://.../yum/i386/

I've created a repo file for two repositories with 

[local noarch]
baseurl=http://.../yum/noarch/

and

[local binaries]
baseurl=http://.../yum/$basearch/

This worked perfectly. But then I decided to support our RHEL3/4 systems too. So
I created within the yum directory directories 3 4 5 with subdirectories i386
and x86_64

-yum-noarch
-yum-3-i386
-yum-3-x86_64
-yum-4-i386
-yum-4-x86_64
-yum-5-i386
-yum-5-x86_64

I've created the repositories and a new repo file for RHEL5. And I've created
symlinks '5Server' and '5Client' to '5'. 

[local noarch]
baseurl=http://.../yum/noarch/

and

[local binaries]
baseurl=http://.../yum/$releasever/$basearch/

What happens now on the systems I've used for the tests before is that the repo
data get loaded and parsed. But when yum tries to retrieve a file from the
'local binaries' repository, the URL gets mixed up:

Path to file: .../yum/5/i386/my.rpm
URL called by yum: http://.../yum/i386//my.rpm

yum clean all doesn't help. I had to delete the complete data in /var/cache/yum
for the repository.
 

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
yum-3.2.8-9.el5_2.1

How reproducible:
The problem occured on two different systems with i386 and x86_64. But I don't
have the time at the moment to redo all from start. So ...

Steps to Reproduce:
1. create new repository
2. connect system to repository
3. move repository
4. retry connect system to repository
  
Actual results:
Not all repository informations get cleaned.

Expected results:
yum should check/clean paths too

Additional info:

Comment 1 James Antill 2009-03-25 05:43:50 UTC
 If yum still has the database info. cached it'll use it (and thus. not know about the new paths).
 There were also bugs in older yum-rhn-plugin that made yum clean not clean non-rhn repos.

 Likely you hit both of these.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.