Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.
Bug 235534 - encoding set
Summary: encoding set
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED WONTFIX
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: gnome-blog
Version: 6
Hardware: All
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Brian Pepple
QA Contact: Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2007-04-06 20:22 UTC by Peter Janakiev
Modified: 2008-03-26 01:19 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2008-03-26 01:19:05 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Peter Janakiev 2007-04-06 20:22:48 UTC
Description of problem:
When using login with gdm != en.US (I use bg.BG) and using cyrilic letters in my
blog (LiveJournal) they apper normally in my blog (UTF-8) but when I select to
edit already posted with gnome-blog entry it gives me this error:
Client error: Invalid text encoding: Cannot display this post. Please see
http://www.livejournal.com/support/encodings.bml for more information.
If I change the encoding in the blog (livejournal settings) to Window Cyrilic I
can edit the entries BUT if I post in cyrilic fomr gnome-blog the letters apear
as ???. I think this is something to do with the encoding sent by the client
when posting. 

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
gnome-blog-0.9.1-4.fc6

How reproducible:
Every time

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in gnome-session with bg.BG (select language - Bulgarian) and post an
entry in LiveJournal with cyrilic letters (the settings of the journal should be
 default for encoding meaning it expects UTF-8)
2. Log in the livejournal site and try to edit that entry (or with another app
like Drivel - the same effect)
3. 
  
Actual results:
Error: Client error: Invalid text encoding: Cannot display this post. Please see
http://www.livejournal.com/support/encodings.bml for more information.

Expected results:
Normal editing of the entry as it is regular UTF


Additional info:
This is not happening with drivel or other desktop publishing gnome app for
livejournal I have used before, so it must be something with the gnome-blog.

Comment 1 Brian Pepple 2008-03-26 01:19:05 UTC
This package has been orphaned, and is no longer part of the Fedora Collection.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.