Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.
Bug 208702 - pup tracebacks due to typo in tr.po
Summary: pup tracebacks due to typo in tr.po
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: pirut
Version: rawhide
Hardware: All
OS: Linux
medium
high
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jeremy Katz
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks: FC6Target
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2006-09-30 12:35 UTC by Sertaç Ö. Yıldız
Modified: 2007-11-30 22:11 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2006-10-11 11:24:55 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)
fixes the traceback and and some warnings (deleted)
2006-09-30 12:35 UTC, Sertaç Ö. Yıldız
no flags Details | Diff
just the fix (deleted)
2006-10-05 01:34 UTC, Sertaç Ö. Yıldız
no flags Details | Diff

Description Sertaç Ö. Yıldız 2006-09-30 12:35:34 UTC
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
pirut-1.2.2-1
python-2.4.3-17.fc6
yum-2.9.7-4

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Update a package with LANG=tr_TR.UTF-8
  
Actual results:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/pup", line 329, in _apply
    self.applyChanges(self.mainwin)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pirut/__init__.py", line 530, in
applyChanges
    self.runTransaction(mainwin)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pirut/__init__.py", line 509, in
runTransaction
    tserrors = yum.YumBase.runTransaction(self, tsprog)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 433, in
runTransaction
    errors = self.ts.run(cb.callback, '')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pirut/Progress.py", line 97, in callback
    logmsg = _("Updated: %s") %(pkg,)
TypeError: float argument required

Additional info:
The reason is a missing 's' from '%s' in the translated string. Attached patch
corrects the problem. There are also some grammar and misc. changes included. I
don't know the translation procedure, so this may not be the correct place for
those changes.

I also made the charset header lowercase in order not to step on bug #207134.
But the proper fix is converting the file to utf8.

Comment 1 Sertaç Ö. Yıldız 2006-09-30 12:35:34 UTC
Created attachment 137473 [details]
fixes the traceback and and some warnings

Comment 2 Jeremy Katz 2006-10-02 15:58:55 UTC
I've just fixed the cause for the traceback and the encoding of the po file. 
The other changes you'll need to work with the turkish translation team
(fedora-trans-tr@redhat.com) to get changes

Comment 3 Sertaç Ö. Yıldız 2006-10-05 01:34:49 UTC
Created attachment 137792 [details]
just the fix

's' is still missing on line 352... This patch fixes it and  replaces the
middle dots (which break the labels) with normal space.

Comment 4 Jeremy Katz 2006-10-05 14:25:30 UTC
Fixed in CVS and will spin 1.2.4 if there's time


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.