Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.
Bug 161988 - i18n files location
Summary: i18n files location
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: system-config-bind
Version: 4
Hardware: All
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jason Vas Dias
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2005-06-28 20:58 UTC by Andrew Martynov
Modified: 2007-11-30 22:11 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version: system-config-bind-4.0.0-40_FC5
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2006-05-24 10:20:59 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)
textdomain binding for XML loading (deleted)
2005-07-26 07:49 UTC, Andrew Martynov
no flags Details | Diff

Description Andrew Martynov 2005-06-28 20:58:16 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; ru-RU; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050512 Red Hat/1.0.4-1.4.1 Firefox/1.0.4

Description of problem:
I have found that .MO files with translated messages
should be located in three different places:
- /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/bindconf.mo
- /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-bind.mo
- /usr/share/system-config-bind/po/ru/LC_MESSAGES/bindconf.mo

With default location only some messages in menus is translated.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
system-config-bind-4.0.0-16

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run s-c-b while LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
2. Look at menu items and toolbar buttons
3.  

Actual Results:  Translated GUI

Expected Results:  Partially translated GUI

Additional info:

Currently to prepare translation and test GUI I have to:
# ln -s /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-bind.mo /usr/share/system-config-bind/po/ru/LC_MESSAGES/bindconf.mo
# ln -s /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-bind.mo /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/bindconf.mo

I suppose the problem is related to bindtextdomain() calls in 
different .py modules.

I used following to find out required .mo file location:
# LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 strace python /usr/share/system-config-bind/GUI.py  2>&1 | grep '\.mo' | less

Comment 1 Andrew Martynov 2005-06-28 21:01:38 UTC
Sorry for mistake, please find correct results:

Expected Results:  Translated GUI

Actual Results:  Partially translated GUI



Comment 2 Jason Vas Dias 2005-07-16 00:50:08 UTC
This bug is now fixed with system-config-bind-4.0.0-18

Comment 3 Andrew Martynov 2005-07-26 07:26:38 UTC
In addition: some GUI elements still is not translated due to not explicit
textdomain binding.

1. install system-config-bind-4.0.0-19
2. run LANG=ru_RU.UTF8 system-config-bind
3. look into "preview" button on toolbar

I have found that followed correction for XML GUI interface definition solve the
problem.

Comment 4 Andrew Martynov 2005-07-26 07:49:11 UTC
Created attachment 117145 [details]
textdomain binding for XML loading

Comment 5 A S Alam 2006-05-24 10:20:59 UTC
Comment #3, this is not only for ru_RU.UTF-8 for other languages also (tested on 
Hindi, Punjabi, Japanese, Koran)

Please file separate bug for this bug.

as Basic issue is fixed, so closing this bug

Test Evnviroment:
Fedora Core Rawhide
system-config-bind-4.0.0-40_FC5
thanks



Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.