Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.
Bug 159828 - RFE: Using percentage and maxsize to specify partition sizes
Summary: RFE: Using percentage and maxsize to specify partition sizes
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED WONTFIX
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: anaconda
Version: 4
Hardware: All
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Anaconda Maintenance Team
QA Contact: Mike McLean
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2005-06-08 14:18 UTC by Peter Guyan
Modified: 2007-11-30 22:11 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Enhancement
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2005-06-08 22:50:14 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Peter Guyan 2005-06-08 14:18:10 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1

Description of problem:
I've looked through the RFE's and have not found anything similar to this, but if there is, then I appologise now if this is a duplicate.

I was wondering if it would be possible (or useful to others) to specify a percentage (or upto X amount) of disk to be used on a per partition basis. 

The thinking behind this came after installing many clients using kickstart that had different sized disks. 



 

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
N/A
  

Additional info:

Comment 1 Jeremy Katz 2005-06-08 22:50:14 UTC
You can already basically do this... sizes + growing end up being percentages.

ie, if you have
part /boot --size=100
part / --size=30 --grow
part /home --size=70 --grow

Then, /home ends up being 70% of the remaining space and / is 30%


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.