Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.
Bug 154771 - SDL error when accessing for Mplayer on Celeron PII
Summary: SDL error when accessing for Mplayer on Celeron PII
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: SDL
Version: 4
Hardware: i386
OS: Linux
medium
high
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Thomas Woerner
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
: 154878 154980 (view as bug list)
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2005-04-14 02:17 UTC by Caerie Houchins
Modified: 2007-11-30 22:11 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2005-04-15 08:41:15 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)
This is output from $strace lbreakout (regarding the SDL problem) (deleted)
2005-04-14 03:35 UTC, Mickey Stein
no flags Details

Description Caerie Houchins 2005-04-14 02:17:24 UTC
Description of problem:
When attempting to run mplayer or gmplayer on a PII system, SDL has an error.
$ mplayer
mplayer: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol:
ConvertMMXpII32_16RGB565
$ gmplayer
gmplayer: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol:
ConvertMMXpII32_16RGB565

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
SDL-1.2.8-3

How reproducible:
Every time

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Mplayer
2. Upgrade SDL to SDL-1.2.8-3
3. Launch Mplayer
  
Actual results:
mplayer: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol:
ConvertMMXpII32_16RGB565

Expected results:
Launch of app.

Additional info:
Linux server 2.6.11-1.1238_FC4 #1 Tue Apr 12 22:50:45 EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux

# cat cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 6
model name      : Celeron (Mendocino)
stepping        : 5
cpu MHz         : 467.940
cache size      : 128 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36
mmx fxsr
bogomips        : 923.64

Comment 1 Mickey Stein 2005-04-14 03:34:01 UTC
Not just on Celeron. I just noticed this on my athlon system, not that I think
this has anything to do with the processor type ;) I get this running anything
using SDL, like lbreakout2, Maelstrom, etc.


I'll attach an strace log from running lbreakout2:

Mick



Comment 2 Mickey Stein 2005-04-14 03:35:52 UTC
Created attachment 113139 [details]
This is output from $strace lbreakout (regarding the SDL problem)

Just following up on the SDL bug from 13Apr rawhide. This happens on any SDL
related application (or those I've tried).

Comment 3 Caerie Houchins 2005-04-14 04:04:16 UTC
I confirm that on my Athalon as well.  Looks processor independent.

Comment 4 Thomas Woerner 2005-04-14 11:19:22 UTC
There is a new package in rawhide: SDL-1.2.8-3.1
Please test this new version.


Comment 5 Jacob Kroon 2005-04-14 19:04:40 UTC
The new package 1.2.8-3.1 fixes the problem, at least for me.

Comment 6 Thomas Woerner 2005-04-15 08:40:38 UTC
*** Bug 154878 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Comment 7 Thomas Woerner 2005-04-15 12:16:29 UTC
*** Bug 154980 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Comment 8 Ralf Ertzinger 2005-04-15 17:31:30 UTC
1.2.8-3.1 works for me.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.