Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.
Bug 154685 - LDAPS Contacts stopped working
Summary: LDAPS Contacts stopped working
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: evolution
Version: rawhide
Hardware: i686
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Dave Malcolm
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2005-04-13 15:12 UTC by Thomas J. Baker
Modified: 2007-11-30 22:11 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2005-05-18 15:18:48 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Thomas J. Baker 2005-04-13 15:12:54 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050323 Firefox/1.0.2 Fedora/1.0.2-1.3.1

Description of problem:
At some point after FC4T1 but before FC4T2, evolution stopped talking to my ldaps servers for contacts. Yesterday I did an install of FC4T2 and then applied the latest updates and the problem persists. Under FC3, I had to add the line "TLS_REQCERT allow" to /etc/openldap/ldap.conf to get ldaps to work. This was no longer necessary under early FC4.

The ldaps server is running on my FC3 desktop and my FC3 evolution has no problems talking to it. From FC4, straight ldap works but ldaps fails.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
evolution-2.2.2-1

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. with evolution 2.2.2, try to connect to an ldap server using ldaps (port 636)
2.
3.
  

Actual Results:  "Error loading addressbook." 

Expected Results:  Contacts are returned.

Additional info:

Comment 1 Thomas J. Baker 2005-04-21 18:16:26 UTC
I fixed this by commenting out 

#HOST 127.0.0.1
#BASE dc=example,dc=com
#TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts

and adding 

TLS_REQCERT     ALLOW

I don't know why this file was changed between fc3 and fc4 but with fc3, just
adding that last TLS_REQCERT line worked while with fc4, I had to comment out
those other three lines and add that one.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.