Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.
Bug 1514051 - Replication agreements/topology is not setup properly
Summary: Replication agreements/topology is not setup properly
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED DUPLICATE of bug 1511462
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Classification: Red Hat
Component: 389-ds-base
Version: 7.4
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
unspecified
unspecified
Target Milestone: rc
: ---
Assignee: mreynolds
QA Contact: Viktor Ashirov
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2017-11-16 15:00 UTC by Petr Vobornik
Modified: 2018-01-30 12:44 UTC (History)
9 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2018-01-05 15:37:30 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)


Links
System ID Priority Status Summary Last Updated
Red Hat Bugzilla 1511462 None None None Never

Internal Links: 1511462

Description Petr Vobornik 2017-11-16 15:00:21 UTC
Cloned from upstream: https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/7228

On Fedora 27, build from master, git up-date-today.

I did a very typical installation of a single master plus one replica with no additional services:

Install on master: ipa-server-install -a password -p password -r EXAMPLE.COM -U
Install on replica1: ipa-replica-install --server master.example.com --domain example.com

I wanted to see how initialize left and right worked so I took a look at the topology:
```
# ipa topologysegment-find domain
------------------
0 segments matched
------------------
----------------------------
Number of entries returned 0
----------------------------
```
Oh, odd. Where is the agreement:
```
repica1 # ipa-replica-manage list -v replica1.example.com
master.example.com: replica
  last init status: None
  last init ended: 1970-01-01 00:00:00+00:00
  last update status: Error (0) Replica acquired successfully: Incremental update succeeded
  last update ended: 2017-10-30 17:00:04+00:00
```
UI confirms that there are two nodes and no connections.

How is this possible?

Domainlevel is 1

Even worse I used the UI to create a connection between master and replica1 and now I have TWO agreements:
```
replica1 # ipa-replica-manage list -v replica1-example.com
master.example.com: replica
  last init status: None
  last init ended: 1970-01-01 00:00:00+00:00
  last update status: Error (0) Replica acquired successfully: Incremental update succeeded
  last update ended: 2017-10-30 17:29:51+00:00
master.example.com: replica
  last init status: None
  last init ended: 1970-01-01 00:00:00+00:00
  last update status: Error (0) Replica acquired successfully: Incremental update succeeded
  last update ended: 2017-10-30 17:29:49+00:00

So now this is very, very bad.

# ipa topologysuffix-verify domain
====================================================
Replication topology of suffix "domain" is in order.
====================================================
```
Yeah, not so much.

Comment 2 Petr Vobornik 2017-11-16 15:00:33 UTC
Upstream ticket:
https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/7228

Comment 3 wibrown@redhat.com 2017-11-21 07:29:48 UTC
Upstream ticket:
https://pagure.io/389-ds-base/issue/49443

Comment 4 Ludwig 2017-12-07 16:44:08 UTC
the upstream ticket is fixed and the fix is committed

5878619..584264a 389-ds-base-1.3.7 -> 389-ds-base-1.3.7

Comment 6 Viktor Ashirov 2018-01-05 15:37:30 UTC
This is a duplicate of bz1511462.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1511462 ***


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.