Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.
Bug 1430 - Perl connect to Oracle Database
Summary: Perl connect to Oracle Database
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: perl
Version: 5.2
Hardware: All
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Crutcher Dunnavant
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 1999-03-05 16:17 UTC by blakem
Modified: 2008-05-01 15:37 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2000-02-04 02:15:54 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description blakem 1999-03-05 16:17:52 UTC
I have installed Redhat 5.2, Oracle 8.0.5, and perl
DBD::Oracle and DBI.  I am getting a segmentation fault
when I execute a sql query with over 20 fields.  I tried
this query in sqlplus  on linux, and receieved the same
segmentation fault at that limit.  I have tried the same
query using both perl and sqlplus on NT and it works.
After this I have tried to install qpopper-2.52-1.i386.rpm,
and when I try to run /usr/sbin/popauth, I get a
segmentation fault.  I have been able to develop a cgi that
executes my query by splitting it into three seperate query
strings.  Both previously mentioned segmentation faults
result in a core dump.

Comment 1 Cristian Gafton 2000-02-04 02:15:59 UTC
I am not sure what the DBD::Oracle module does to the perl binary in 5.2 -
however, more recent combinations of perl/DBD::Oracle are working fine on our
servers.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.