Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.
Bug 1111075 - Can't login the hypervisor with correct password after upgrading the RHEV-H from "rhevh-6.5-20140603.2.el6ev.iso" to "rhevh-6.5-20140618.0.el6ev.iso"
Summary: Can't login the hypervisor with correct password after upgrading the RHEV-H f...
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager
Classification: Red Hat
Component: vdsm
Version: 3.4.0
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
: 3.5.0
Assignee: Douglas Schilling Landgraf
QA Contact: Petr Kubica
URL:
Whiteboard: infra
Depends On: 1149655 1149658
Blocks: 1123842 rhev3.5beta 1156165
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2014-06-19 08:18 UTC by haiyang,dong
Modified: 2016-02-10 19:16 UTC (History)
18 users (show)

Fixed In Version: vt2.2
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
: 1123842 (view as bug list)
Environment:
Last Closed: 2015-02-16 13:41:18 UTC
oVirt Team: Infra
Target Upstream Version:


Attachments (Terms of Use)


Links
System ID Priority Status Summary Last Updated
oVirt gerrit 29182 ovirt-3.4 MERGED vdscli: avoid ssl-specific localhost heuristic Never

Description haiyang,dong 2014-06-19 08:18:46 UTC
Description of problem:
upgrading the RHEV-H from "rhevh-6.5-20140603.2.el6ev.iso" to "rhevh-6.5-20140618.0.el6ev.iso"
via RHEV admin portal.After upgraded,Can't login the hypervisor with correct password and also the
host shown maintenance status, not up status in RHEV admin portal.
Exception with follow error:
================================
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor release 6.5 (20140618.0.el6ev)
Kernel 2.6.32-431.20.3.el6.x86_64 on an x86_64 (/dev/ttyS0)

Please login as 'admin' to configure the node
dhcp-10-206.nay.redhat.com login: admin
Password: 
Last login: Thu Jun 19 06:02:53 on tty1
Traceback (most recent call last):                                      
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/runpy.py", line 122, in _run_module_as_main
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/runpy.py", line 34, in _run_code
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ovirt/node/setup/__main__.py", line 48,
 in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ovirt/node/app.py", line 265, in run
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ovirt/node/app.py", line 353, in __load
_plugins
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ovirt/node/setup/vdsm/__init__.py", lin
e 26, in createPlugins
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ovirt/node/setup/vdsm/engine_page.py", 
line 98, in __init__
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ovirt/node/setup/vdsm/engine_page.py", 
line 57, in sync_mgmt
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1199, in __call__
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1489, in __request
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1235, in request
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1349, in send_content
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/httplib.py", line 908, in endheaders
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/httplib.py", line 780, in _send_output
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/httplib.py", line 739, in send
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/vdsm/SecureXMLRPCServer.py", line 188
, in connect
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/socket.py", line 567, in create_connection
socket.error: [Errno 113] No route to host
                                                                        
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor release 6.5 (20140618.0.el6ev)
Kernel 2.6.32-431.20.3.el6.x86_64 on an x86_64 (/dev/ttyS0)

Please login as 'admin' to configure the node
dhcp-10-206.nay.redhat.com login:

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
rhev-hypervisor6-6.5-20140618.0.el6ev.noarch.rpm
ovirt-node-3.0.1-18.el6_5.10.noarch
ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm-0.1.1-22.el6ev.noarch
vdsm-4.14.7-3.el6ev.x86_64

How reproducible:
20%

Steps to Reproduce:

Actual results:

Expected results:

Additional info:
Not reproduce this issue every time.

Comment 1 Douglas Schilling Landgraf 2014-06-25 06:35:05 UTC
(In reply to haiyang,dong from comment #0)
> Description of problem:
> upgrading the RHEV-H from "rhevh-6.5-20140603.2.el6ev.iso" to
> "rhevh-6.5-20140618.0.el6ev.iso"
> via RHEV admin portal.After upgraded,Can't login the hypervisor with correct
> password and also the
> host shown maintenance status, not up status in RHEV admin portal.
> Exception with follow error:
> ================================
> Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor release 6.5 (20140618.0.el6ev)
> Kernel 2.6.32-431.20.3.el6.x86_64 on an x86_64 (/dev/ttyS0)
> 
> Please login as 'admin' to configure the node
> dhcp-10-206.nay.redhat.com login: admin
> Password: 
> Last login: Thu Jun 19 06:02:53 on tty1
> Traceback (most recent call last):                                      
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/runpy.py", line 122, in _run_module_as_main
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/runpy.py", line 34, in _run_code
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ovirt/node/setup/__main__.py", line
> 48,
>  in <module>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ovirt/node/app.py", line 265, in run
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ovirt/node/app.py", line 353, in
> __load
> _plugins
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ovirt/node/setup/vdsm/__init__.py",
> lin
> e 26, in createPlugins
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ovirt/node/setup/vdsm/engine_page.py", 
> line 98, in __init__
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ovirt/node/setup/vdsm/engine_page.py", 
> line 57, in sync_mgmt
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1199, in __call__
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1489, in __request
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1235, in request
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1349, in send_content
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/httplib.py", line 908, in endheaders
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/httplib.py", line 780, in _send_output
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/httplib.py", line 739, in send
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/vdsm/SecureXMLRPCServer.py", line
> 188
> , in connect
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/socket.py", line 567, in create_connection
> socket.error: [Errno 113] No route to host

I couldn't reproduce, the upgrade worked nicely here. Basically, vdscli cannot locate a route to engine so when the TUI loads the plugins and ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm fetches the available networks we get this error.

Can you please entry as single mode and add a root password via /usr/libexec/ovirt-config-password ?

After that reboot the host again and as the error should persist can you please login as root and check if your network settings are gone? 

Thanks

Comment 2 Douglas Schilling Landgraf 2014-06-25 06:36:14 UTC
Pavel, can you please review the bug and provide the qa flag?

Thanks!

Comment 3 Douglas Schilling Landgraf 2014-06-25 06:36:42 UTC
Arthur, can you please review the bug and provide the pm flag?

Thanks!

Comment 4 haiyang,dong 2014-06-25 07:00:41 UTC
(In reply to Douglas Schilling Landgraf from comment #1)
> (In reply to haiyang,dong from comment #0)
> 
> I couldn't reproduce, the upgrade worked nicely here. Basically, vdscli
> cannot locate a route to engine so when the TUI loads the plugins and
> ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm fetches the available networks we get this error.
> 
> Can you please entry as single mode and add a root password via
> /usr/libexec/ovirt-config-password ?
> 
> After that reboot the host again and as the error should persist can you
> please login as root and check if your network settings are gone? 
> 
> Thanks

Hey dougsland,

I also couldn't reproduce 100%, maybe it's due to my dns server issue,
but at lease we should catch the socket.error exception in engine_page to
make sure that we could login rhevh.

Comment 5 Douglas Schilling Landgraf 2014-06-25 07:03:14 UTC
(In reply to haiyang,dong from comment #4)
> (In reply to Douglas Schilling Landgraf from comment #1)
> > (In reply to haiyang,dong from comment #0)
> > 
> > I couldn't reproduce, the upgrade worked nicely here. Basically, vdscli
> > cannot locate a route to engine so when the TUI loads the plugins and
> > ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm fetches the available networks we get this error.
> > 
> > Can you please entry as single mode and add a root password via
> > /usr/libexec/ovirt-config-password ?
> > 
> > After that reboot the host again and as the error should persist can you
> > please login as root and check if your network settings are gone? 
> > 
> > Thanks
> 
> Hey dougsland,
> 
> I also couldn't reproduce 100%, maybe it's due to my dns server issue,
> but at lease we should catch the socket.error exception in engine_page to
> make sure that we could login rhevh.

Correct, for that we need the flags. Thanks.

Comment 7 Eyal Edri 2014-07-27 08:15:37 UTC
moving back to MODIFIED, vdsm 3.4.2 wasn't build or delivered to QA.
also - this bug is missing the 3.5/master fix and the 3.4 fix should move to a cloned bug for 3.4

Comment 8 Dan Kenigsberg 2014-07-28 08:37:20 UTC
This bug has a fix in ovirt-3.5 prior to branching http://gerrit.ovirt.org/28674. But yes, this bug is pending qa_ack and clone.

Comment 11 Douglas Schilling Landgraf 2014-09-22 17:29:29 UTC
Removing needinfo on me, fix available in branch 3.5

Comment 12 Petr Kubica 2014-10-27 19:08:08 UTC
Verified
upgrade from rhevh-6.5-20140603.2.el6ev.iso to rhev-hypervisor6-6.6-20141007.0.iso


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.