Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.
Bug 1067132 - usr in php cartridge directory is not a symlink in some gears
Summary: usr in php cartridge directory is not a symlink in some gears
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Alias: None
Product: OpenShift Online
Classification: Red Hat
Component: Image
Version: 2.x
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
unspecified
unspecified
Target Milestone: ---
: ---
Assignee: Vojtech Vitek
QA Contact: libra bugs
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2014-02-19 18:59 UTC by Andy Grimm
Modified: 2016-11-08 03:47 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2014-02-20 14:46:09 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Andy Grimm 2014-02-19 18:59:50 UTC
In auditing our OpenShift Online gears, I found that usr is not a symlink for a number of php cartridge installations.  It's a very small fraction, probably less than 1% of all php gears, but I have not yet determined what makes these gears different from the other >99%

Comment 1 Vojtech Vitek 2014-02-20 12:26:25 UTC
@Andy, I'd need more information what to fix in the affected php gears during next upgrade. What is different from the 99% of other gears? I couldn't find any cause of this in the php cartridge git history.

Can you send me output of `tree $OPENSHIFT_PHP_DIR' command run in the affected gears?

Comment 2 Andy Grimm 2014-02-20 14:46:09 UTC
Sorry, this was my mistake.  I had no idea that so many users were using downloaded php carts.  These turned out to be mostly users of https://github.com/phase2/openshift-php-fpm/ , and a few other random customized php cartridges.  Closing the issue.

Comment 3 Vojtech Vitek 2014-02-20 14:58:08 UTC
No problem. Thanks for the resolution.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.