Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.

Bug 452436

Summary: "RuntimeError: Error running reiserfstune" after detailed disk layout dialog
Product: [Fedora] Fedora Reporter: Petr Machata <pmachata>
Component: anacondaAssignee: Anaconda Maintenance Team <anaconda-maint-list>
Status: CLOSED DUPLICATE QA Contact: Fedora Extras Quality Assurance <extras-qa>
Severity: low Docs Contact:
Priority: low    
Version: 9CC: mnewsome
Target Milestone: ---   
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: i386   
OS: Linux   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2008-06-23 18:10:14 UTC Type: ---
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---
Attachments:
Description Flags
First fail log.
none
Second fail log. none

Description Petr Machata 2008-06-22 22:46:09 UTC
I was installing F 9 from live CD to oldish i386 athlon machine.

My situation is as follows. I have two disks, sda and sdb.  sdb is "new" disk, I
have had sda before that.  For that reason, sda contains several partitions that
used to serve purposes of /boot, swap, and /.  Nowadays I use sda as /boot, swap
and /home, while having / on the "new" disk, sdb.  /home partition is pretty
aged reiserfs, the rest are ext3 partitions (and swap).

What I did when presented with disk layout dialog was that I requested detailed
view (sorry, forgot how is it called exactly).  There I assigned sda1, sda2 and
sda3 respectively to /boot, swap and /home.   I allowed reformatting of sda1,
but not of sda3 (obviously).  It bothers me a bit that anaconda tried to run
reiserfstune even though I asked it not to mess with that partition, but there
could have been legitimate reasons for that.

I assigned sdb solely to / (which is to say that there was single partition sdb1
on that disk), and asked anaconda to reformat it.

Then I hit next, and anaconda thrown the exception.  I tried the whole process
three times total, each time reducing the amount of my tinkering.  In the end I
just didn't use detailed view at all, and just ticked out sda and let anaconda
do its magic.  This worked.

I will attach the two fail logs that anaconda spewed.

Comment 1 Petr Machata 2008-06-22 22:46:09 UTC
Created attachment 310003 [details]
First fail log.

Comment 2 Petr Machata 2008-06-22 22:46:45 UTC
Created attachment 310004 [details]
Second fail log.

Comment 3 Chris Lumens 2008-06-23 18:10:14 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 446513 ***