Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.

Bug 159828

Summary: RFE: Using percentage and maxsize to specify partition sizes
Product: [Fedora] Fedora Reporter: Peter Guyan <peter>
Component: anacondaAssignee: Anaconda Maintenance Team <anaconda-maint-list>
Status: CLOSED WONTFIX QA Contact: Mike McLean <mikem>
Severity: medium Docs Contact:
Priority: medium    
Version: 4Keywords: FutureFeature
Target Milestone: ---   
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: All   
OS: Linux   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: Enhancement
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2005-06-08 22:50:14 UTC Type: ---
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: --- Target Upstream Version:

Description Peter Guyan 2005-06-08 14:18:10 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1

Description of problem:
I've looked through the RFE's and have not found anything similar to this, but if there is, then I appologise now if this is a duplicate.

I was wondering if it would be possible (or useful to others) to specify a percentage (or upto X amount) of disk to be used on a per partition basis. 

The thinking behind this came after installing many clients using kickstart that had different sized disks. 



 

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
N/A
  

Additional info:

Comment 1 Jeremy Katz 2005-06-08 22:50:14 UTC
You can already basically do this... sizes + growing end up being percentages.

ie, if you have
part /boot --size=100
part / --size=30 --grow
part /home --size=70 --grow

Then, /home ends up being 70% of the remaining space and / is 30%