Note: This is a beta release of Red Hat Bugzilla 5.0. The data contained within is a snapshot of the live data so any changes you make will not be reflected in the production Bugzilla. Also email is disabled so feel free to test any aspect of the site that you want. File any problems you find or give feedback here.

Bug 154771

Summary: SDL error when accessing for Mplayer on Celeron PII
Product: [Fedora] Fedora Reporter: Caerie Houchins <cdhouch>
Component: SDLAssignee: Thomas Woerner <twoerner>
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE QA Contact:
Severity: high Docs Contact:
Priority: medium    
Version: 4CC: jacob.kroon, kmaguire, redhat-bugzilla, yaoz, yekkim
Target Milestone: ---   
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: i386   
OS: Linux   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2005-04-15 08:41:15 UTC Type: ---
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: --- Target Upstream Version:
Attachments:
Description Flags
This is output from $strace lbreakout (regarding the SDL problem) none

Description Caerie Houchins 2005-04-14 02:17:24 UTC
Description of problem:
When attempting to run mplayer or gmplayer on a PII system, SDL has an error.
$ mplayer
mplayer: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol:
ConvertMMXpII32_16RGB565
$ gmplayer
gmplayer: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol:
ConvertMMXpII32_16RGB565

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
SDL-1.2.8-3

How reproducible:
Every time

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Mplayer
2. Upgrade SDL to SDL-1.2.8-3
3. Launch Mplayer
  
Actual results:
mplayer: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol:
ConvertMMXpII32_16RGB565

Expected results:
Launch of app.

Additional info:
Linux server 2.6.11-1.1238_FC4 #1 Tue Apr 12 22:50:45 EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux

# cat cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 6
model name      : Celeron (Mendocino)
stepping        : 5
cpu MHz         : 467.940
cache size      : 128 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36
mmx fxsr
bogomips        : 923.64

Comment 1 Mickey Stein 2005-04-14 03:34:01 UTC
Not just on Celeron. I just noticed this on my athlon system, not that I think
this has anything to do with the processor type ;) I get this running anything
using SDL, like lbreakout2, Maelstrom, etc.


I'll attach an strace log from running lbreakout2:

Mick



Comment 2 Mickey Stein 2005-04-14 03:35:52 UTC
Created attachment 113139 [details]
This is output from $strace lbreakout (regarding the SDL problem)

Just following up on the SDL bug from 13Apr rawhide. This happens on any SDL
related application (or those I've tried).

Comment 3 Caerie Houchins 2005-04-14 04:04:16 UTC
I confirm that on my Athalon as well.  Looks processor independent.

Comment 4 Thomas Woerner 2005-04-14 11:19:22 UTC
There is a new package in rawhide: SDL-1.2.8-3.1
Please test this new version.


Comment 5 Jacob Kroon 2005-04-14 19:04:40 UTC
The new package 1.2.8-3.1 fixes the problem, at least for me.

Comment 6 Thomas Woerner 2005-04-15 08:40:38 UTC
*** Bug 154878 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Comment 7 Thomas Woerner 2005-04-15 12:16:29 UTC
*** Bug 154980 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Comment 8 Ralf Ertzinger 2005-04-15 17:31:30 UTC
1.2.8-3.1 works for me.